A hearty white chicken chili with little potatoes, jalapeños, chiles, beans, and warming spices. Perfect for lunch on a chilly afternoon! This recipe includes methods for making either on the stove top, or in a slow cooker.
For a spicier chili, add the jalapeño seeds and membranes. For a milder chili, omit the jalapeño pepper or use half.
- Large pot
- Slow cooker (optional)
- 2 cups Little Potatoes, quartered
- 1 (18 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
To Make on a Stove Top:
In a large pot, combine Little potatoes, beans, corn, chicken, onion, jalapeño, chiles, chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt and broth. Stir until combined.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
Add cream cheese, stir, and cover for 2 to 3 minutes until cream cheese is melted. Stir to combine.
Serve with avocado, cilantro, sour cream and any other toppings as desired.
To Make in a Slow Cooker:
Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
Cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours.
Add cream cheese, cover until melted. Stir to combine. Serve.