A lunch that will reenergize you! The carrot ribbons and red endives offer a delicious crunch, and lentils lend a delicious peppery taste. The crisped-edge Creamer potatoes act as a veggie crouton, soaking up the delicious lemon tahini dressing.
This salad tastes best at room temperature.
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 1 cup Little Potatoes, diced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 2 whole red endives, leaves separated
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 small red beet, peeled and julienned
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs of your choice, chopped finely (e.g. parsley and chives)
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp water, for desired consistency
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Toss the diced potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Distribute evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size, stirring half way through. The potatoes should have a golden crispy crust on the edges yet still be tender in the middle.
Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If making ahead, cover in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge. Add the lemon tahini dressing when ready to serve.
Mix all ingredients for dressing together in a food process or small blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes about one cup of dressing. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.