Tasty Vegetable and Potato Chowder! You are going to love this healthy and hearty chowder. It’s packed with vegetables, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (or fresh if making this in late summer)
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme (can substitute 1 tsp dried thyme), chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp dill, chopped
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender and onion is translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic and cook another five minutes, stirring often.
Add in the corn, thyme, cumin, paprika, cayenne and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
Remove two cups of soup and place in a blender; puree until smooth and creamy then return back to the pot.
Add in the dill and season to taste, adding more salt/pepper if needed.
Continue to cook over low heat or Serve. I like to let it cook at least an additional 15 minutes for flavors to develop. Like most soups, this gets better the longer it sits.