An Indian-inspired vegan curry made with Little potatoes, cauliflower, and an aromatic assortment of spices. Serve alongside some naan bread.
- Large skillet
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs Little Potatoes
- 5 cups cauliflower, large florets
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper powder, hot
- 3 cups water
- (To garnish) cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice, to serve
- (To serve) naan or roti
In a blender, blend tomatoes, onion, ginger, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cauliflower florets. Season with salt. Sauté for five minutes.
Move potatoes and cauliflower to one side of the pan. Add one tablespoon vegan butter or olive oil to the opposite side and add garam masala, turmeric, coriander, and hot chili pepper powder. Cook for one minute. Add blended tomato mixture to spices and cook until the sauce darkens and thickens (about 5 to 7 minutes.) Gently stir potatoes and cauliflower into the sauce and cook for five minutes.
Add three cups water and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally.
Serve with basmati rice and/or naan bread. Top with chopped cilantro.