Has the thought of how to make the ultimate roasted potatoes kept you up at night? Have you searched through the countless recipes online trying to uncover the ancient secrets of achieving the perfect harmony between that golden crisp coating and soft fluffy center? Your quest can officially conclude here. This colorful, savory dish will appeal to all your senses. These roasted potatoes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and roasted in fragrant herbs like oregano and thyme.
Kitchen Hacks for Creating the Ultimate Roasted Potatoes:
- Little potatoes are a natural choice for creating that perfect balance between crispy and creamy. With russets, their thick skin needs to be peeled off, which can cause the potato to lose some of its outer crispiness. Our little potatoes are enjoyed with the skins on, which also means you don’t lose out on any of the nutrients present in the potato skins!
- Try to pick potatoes that are as close to the same size as each other as possible to prevent some from cooking faster than others. Little Potatoes are an easy option because they’re sorted to be similar in size, and you only need to slice them once in half before roasting…or just leave these tasty bites whole.
- Toss your potatoes in boiling water for a few minutes to help to soften them up and tenderize them before you roast them, in order to get that soft and creamy center after they’re done cooking.
- If you’ve sliced your potatoes in half and want to perfect the crispy texture, add some baking soda to the pot of boiling water to help create crispier skin. Add about half a teaspoon of baking soda for every 1 1/2 to 2 litres of water.
Some More Roasted Potato Recipes To Try:
All set? Let’s get cooking! Try out some of our favorite recipes like these Pesto Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. If you want something with a hint of sweetness, try our Spiced Roasted Potatoes and Cranberries. Looking for a great dish to entertain with? Try our Football Sunday Cheesy Potatoes.
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- (To taste) kosher salt
- (To taste) cracked black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Place the halved potatoes in a bowl, and toss them with the oil until evenly coated. Then, toss them with the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
For crispier, more golden brown potatoes, place them cut side down.