A not-too spicy Thai curry soup that is full of fresh veggies, mild curry, and delicious shrimp. Ready in under 30 minutes, it’s both quick and nutritious.
Note: One teaspoon of yellow curry powder will be very mild, two teaspoons is mild. If you like things extra spicy, look for a hot variety or red curry paste.
- Large pot
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cups Little Potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 to 2 tsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (398 ml) can coconut milk
- 14 to 16 fresh or frozen small shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
- (For garnish) cilantro
- (For garnish) green onions
- (For garnish) lime wedges
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add little potatoes, onion, pepper, and carrot and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and salt. Stir and cook one minute.
Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes, just until pink and the flesh is nearly opaque.
Garnish with cilantro, green onions and lime wedges as desired and serve.