You’ve never had Greek salad like this before! A layer of potato salad topped with tangy Greek salad and homemade dressing. A healthy and delicious lunch or dinner option.
- Large stock pot
- Large bowl
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt or freshly ground pepper
Greek Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, torn into small piece
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Place the potatoes in a large stock pan and cover with one inch of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until potatoes are just tender. Remove and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Halve the cooled potatoes and place in a large bowl along with chopped hard-boiled eggs and scallions. Whisk together the Greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper.
Season to taste, then toss with the potatoes. Spread potato salad in a large salad serving dish and set aside.
Whisk together the ingredients for the Greek dressing. Season to taste, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
Toss together the romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and peppers. Toss with three tablespoons of the dressing and toss well. Stir in the feta cheese, then top the salad over the potato salad. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing (you may not need all of it) and serve immediately.