This hearty vegetable soup is packed with southwestern flavors including chipotle peppers, fire roasted diced tomatoes and warm cumin.
- Large pot
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 Little Potatoes, quartered or halved
- 15 oz fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- (To taste) avocado
- (To taste) cilantro
- (To taste) cabbage, shredded
- (To taste) jalapeño, sliced
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and sauté until onions start to sweat, about four minutes.
Add garlic, celery, carrot and zucchini to the pot and continue to sauté until veggies are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chipotle peppers, cumin and potatoes.
Pour tomatoes and broth to the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly before serving with optional garnishes.