Slow cookers are not quick, but they sure leave your hands free all day! Just throw everything into the appliance, walk away, and come back to this delicious meal.
- Slow cooker
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, halved
- 1 leftover ham bone (can omit for vegetarian recipe and use 1"x1" Parmesan rind instead for saltiness.)
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (or 1 dry bay leaf) fresh bay leaves
- (To taste) salt and pepper
- 8 cups water
Add all ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker. Give a good toss, cover, and cook on low heat for eight hours, or until everything is soft.
Remove bay leaves, season with additional salt and pepper if necessary, and serve!