This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew is bound to be your new favorite winter comfort food! It’s hearty, creamy, cheesy and loaded with vegetables! The slow cooker makes it an easy weeknight meal.
- Slow cooker
- 1 lb Little Potatoes, halved
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup cream or milk
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Add potatoes, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, salt, parsley, thyme, pepper, and broth to a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for four hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
Set slow cooker to high. Stir together cream and corn starch and stir into slow cooker, along with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or until thickened.
Serve immediately with crusty bread for dipping.