A quick and simple summer slow cooker recipe!
- Slow cooker
- 1 (3 to 4 lbs) whole chicken
- 1 (12 oz) jar spicy butter chicken curry sauce or one of your choosing
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, halved and sliced small
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- (To taste) salt and pepper
Place potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the chicken on top and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Combine turmeric, ginger, and coriander in a bowl and season chicken. Place onions and celery around the chicken and pour jar of curry over top.
Cook on high for four hours, or until chicken reaches 160 °F internally. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.