This delicious seafood soup is made with mussels, clams, and fingerling potatoes in a fragrant tomato leek bouillon. Serve garnished with a handful of fresh herbs and a lovely rustic loaf of bread. Place a large bowl on the table to easily discard the shells, and make sure you have lots of napkins on hand!
- Dutch oven or large stock pot
- Four shallow bowls
- 1.5 lbs Little Fingerlings™ Little Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, white part, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 cups clam tomato juice, unseasoned
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 1/2 lbs closed clams, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 lbs closed mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 tsp celery salt or coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil, or chives
Slice Little Potatoes in half, length-wise.
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet (or Dutch oven with a cover) over medium heat.
Sauté for 10 minutes, until potatoes begin to soften.
Add chopped tomato, Clamato, broth, and orange juice and heat to simmer.
Cover and cook for about five minutes until all shellfish have opened. Discard any unopened shells.
Divide evenly into four large shallow bowls. Garnish with herb mixture.