This easy combination of fall flavours and roasted potatoes is a spectacular side for roasts. The sausages should be bratwurst flavour, beef, pork, or poultry.
- Large roasting pan
- Small bowl
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes
- 3 to 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large crisp Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced with peel on
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 lb bratwurst sausage, poultry, beef, or pork, cut into rounds
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, crushed
- (To taste) coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
In a large roasting pan, combine whole little potatoes with shallots, apple, rutabaga, and sausage.
In a small bowl whisk oil, syrup, mustard, and thyme.
Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
Place in a 350 °F oven and roast for 30 minutes. Stir and continue roasting until potatoes are browned and soft when pierced with a sharp knife and sausage is cooked through.