This potato salad will make you feel the rainbow connection with its full spectrum of colorful veggies. Perfect for summer barbecues or picnics!
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 3 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- (To taste) black pepper
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp garlic dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red onion, chopped (soaked in ice water for 10 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water, add one teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayo, pickle juice, paprika, one quarter teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Add the dressing to the potatoes while still warm. Mix with a fork, mashing slightly to thicken the dressing.
Cool the potatoes and dressing in the fridge or freezer until they are room temperature or cooler. Gently mix in all the remaining ingredients: carrot, celery, dill, pickles, red onion, green onion, red and green bell pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. The flavors will marry and intensify if you refrigerate overnight before serving. Garnish with paprika and dill.