A vichyssoise style cold potato soup that’s ideal for al fresco dining on warm summer nights. Little potatoes replace whipped cream for a dairy-free dish.
- Large saucepan
- 3/4 lb Little Potatoes, quartered
- 2 large leeks, white only, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- (To taste) salt and freshly ground pepper
- (For garnish) fresh chives or green onions
In a large saucepan add creamers, leeks and butter and cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir often to prevent browning.
Slowly add broth and wine if using and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
Using a blender, food processor or an immersion blender and whir just until smooth. Do not overmix.
Cool in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Garnish bowls with chives.