Pea shoots are an easy way to dress up any dish. This spring succotash is loaded with fresh herbs and seasonal flavors.
- Sauté pan
- 3/4 lbs Little Potatoes, quartered
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds, then quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- (To taste) salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
In a deep sauté pan, add potatoes and pour enough water to cover potatoes halfway. Bring to a boil and allow to evaporate (approximately five minutes).
Add two tablespoons of olive oil and cook potatoes until golden, reserve for later.
In the same pan, add remaining olive oil, onions, and peppers. Cook approximately five minutes to start the caramelization of the onions. Return the potatoes to the pan, along with the garlic. Cook an additional five minutes.
Add zucchini and peas, cook another five to eight minutes until zucchini is tender.
Remove from heat, add dill, parsley, jalapeño, lemon juice, and then season to taste. On a serving platter, arrange the pea shoots, pour succotash on top and serve.