Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and fresh basil gives this quick and nutritious meal all the flavors of the Mediterranean.
- large skillet
- 1 package microwave Ready Little Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- (To taste) sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 fresh basil leaves
Peel back the plastic film and remove the seasoning pack from Microwave Ready Little Potatoes. Position film to close and place tray in the microwave. Cook on high for five minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat
add oil (reserving two teaspoons), chili pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 30 seconds to a minute, just until garlic is tender but not too golden.
Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer
Add the olives and cook for an additional two minutes.
Add shrimp to sauce and sauté for roughly two minutes per side, until pink all the way through.
Remove the potatoes from the microwave and remove the plastic film. Stir in the seasoning pack with two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Stir the potatoes into the pan as well as fresh basil. Serve immediately.