A vegan, gluten-free version of a classic niçoise salad with a creamy addition of Little Potatoes, crisp green beans, salty niçoise olives, hearty lentils, and lots of tangy shallot dressing.
To make this come together quickly, use pre-steamed lentils. You can find these in the refrigerated produce section in the grocery store.
- Small bowl
- 2 Tbsp shallots, finely diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package A Little Savory Herb™ Microwave Ready Little Potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups steamed lentils
- 12 oz green beans, steamed
- 1/4 cup niçoise olives (or other black/green olives)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Remove the packaging from the potatoes and toss with one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon seasoning packet. Place in the microwave and cook for five minutes. Remove from the microwave and set aside.
Whisk together the shallots, Dijon, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and one teaspoon of the Savory Herb mixture from the potatoes. Set aside.
Divide the steamed haricot vert beans, olives, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, lentils and potatoes among four bowls. Toss with shallot-herb dressing and serve.