Fire up the grill for this summer kebab recipe with little potatoes, fresh veggies, and a homemade marinade created by Chef Antoine Sicotte.
- Measuring cup
- Large bowl
- Wooden skewers
- 2 cups Little Potatoes, halved
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- (To taste) salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
Preheat the grill to medium.
In a measuring cup, mix all the ingredients of the marinade except the mayonnaise. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Remove 1/3 cup of the marinade and pour into a large bowl. Add potatoes and chicken pieces. Mix well to coat and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Skewer the potatoes and chicken cubes alternately on the wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes on both sides. During this time, finish the vinaigrette. Add the remaining 15 ml mayonnaise to the marinade.
In a large serving dish, put the tomatoes, cucumber, onion rings, feta and olives. Place the kebabs on top and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve with grilled pita bread.