Barbecued individual foil packages of grill roasted potatoes, onions, and seasoning are fabulous go-to’s for a quick dinner off the grill. Pack chilled leftover potatoes along with cold sliced steak and a green salad or fresh veggies for lunch the next day!
- 1 (8" x 8" piece) heavy duty foil
- 6 to 8 Little Potatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp olive or canola oil
- 1/2 yellow, purple, or Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, Greek seasoning, or summer herb mix
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese, optional
With a brush or back of a spoon, spread oil over foil to about one inch from the edge.
Layer potatoes, onion, seasoning, and cheese.
Wrap like an envelope, ensuring edges are tightly sealed.
Place on hot barbecue or grill (or in a 400 °F oven) directly on the rack.
Cook for 20 minutes, turning package over every 5 to 7 minutes for even cooking.
Remove from the grill or oven and allow to rest for five minutes.
Carefully open the hot package as the steam escapes.
For lunch tomorrow: Refrigerate grill roasted potatoes overnight. Pack in a sturdy lunch container—including leftover salad, sliced grilled meat, fresh vegetables, and dressing if desired.