Modern twist on the eggs benedict classic that is gluten-free and made healthier by using potatoes as the base instead of English muffins. And just as tasty!
- Large pot
- Large frying pan
- 1.5 lbs Blushing Belle Little Potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- (To taste) salt and pepper
- 1 package Hollandaise sauce, prepared as directed
- 8 to 10 eggs, prepared for poaching
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- (To taste) any meats or veggies that you would like to add—ham, smoked salmon, asparagus, tomato
- (To grease pan) butter
Bring a large pot of salted water and potatoes to a boil. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft enough where they can be easily mashed. Drain completely. Add in butter, milk, salt, and pepper and mash until desired consistency is reached.
Measure out 1/4 cup portions of potatoes and form into patties. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add some butter and fry potato patties until both sides are nicely browned (about 5 to 7 minutes total.) Store on a plate.
For serving, place potato patties onto plates.
Garnish with any meats or veggies you like.
Poach eggs and top onto patties.
Finish with Hollandaise sauce and chives. Serve immediately.