A colorful blend of veggies that are perfectly seasoned with fresh garlic, butter, cracked pepper, and parsley. With only five minutes of prep, it’s easy to get on the table in a hurry, and shows off the spectacular hues of Little Purely Purples™.
Pro-tips for ensuring your veggies turn out crispy and not soggy:
- Make sure you only use enough oil to fully coat the veggies, but not enough so that they’re drowning in it. Two tablespoons is usually a safe amount.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet instead of a casserole dish or a baking pan with taller sides (they trap moisture).
- Spread your veggies in a single layer on the pan.
- Ensure your oven is fully heated before adding in the veggies, so they don’t stay soft and instead crisp up.
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, halved (this recipe uses Little Purely Purples™, but you can use any kind you like)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- (To taste) salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup green beans, halved
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Preheat oven to 400° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place all vegetables (except for green beans) on baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season well with salt and pepper, add garlic, and toss to coat.
Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, add green beans, and stir.
Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
Add butter to the pan and allow to melt while stirring into the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.