Crowd-pleasing healthy and hearty Potato Cobb Salad with a Savory Herb and Garlic Dressing. A few tips and tricks for easy prep and quick clean up with this healthy Cobb Salad recipe.
- A great way to cook bacon is in the oven. There’s less mess to clean up and the bacon is evenly cooked thanks to a rack insert in the baking tray. Cook bacon for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 °F with a rack on a baking tray.
- Save more time by using pre-washed and cut leafy greens.
- Eggs cooked for 7.5 minutes or longer will be hard-boiled and eggs cooked for six minutes will be soft-boiled with a runny yolk (any time less than six minutes could result in a raw egg).
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package any flavor Microwave Ready Little Potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 head of lettuce (romaine, green leaf, or butter)
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta, optional
Set a medium sauce pan filled 2/3 of the way up with water over high heat and bring water to a strong simmer (but not quite a full boil).
Add eggs (directly from fridge) with shells still on and cook for precisely six minutes and 45 seconds for a jammy egg (see recipe notes). Immediately transfer eggs to a bowl with ice water in it. Let eggs cool.
Meanwhile, cook potatoes in microwave as per package instructions.
Once removed from microwave, add seasoning pack with two tablespoons of olive oil and toss to combine. Carefully transfer potatoes to a serving plate using a slotted spoon.
In the microwave package with residual oil and seasoning add remaining one tablespoon of olive oil, juice from 1/2 lemon, three tablespoons wine vinegar, and one teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Whisk to emulsify vinaigrette.
Eggs should have cooled by this point. Carefully crack the outside shell and discard shell. Cut eggs in half.
Pile potatoes, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, avocados, and red onion onto a large platter or individual plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette.