A simple and satisfying homemade lasagna recipe full of creamy Little Potatoes, garlic, onions, veal, and sausage.
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- 14" x 10" casserole dish
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 package ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1/2 lb ground veal or beef
- 1 (26 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian spices
- 8 to 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- (To taste) salt and pepper
Add little potato slices to boiling water and cook for five minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic, sausage and veal for five minutes. Add the remaining ingredients in the sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
In a 14" × 10" casserole dish, add a little bit of sauce to the bottom. Spread half of the potato slices, add salt and pepper, garnish with all the ricotta, cover with a layer of sauce.
Repeat with another layer of potatoes, sauce and top with mozzarella.
Bake 20 minutes and finish on broil.