This Creamy Italian potato salad is filled with spinach, pesto, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese, it’s perfect alongside grilled chicken or at any picnic!
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tsp basil pesto
- 1 cube (about 1/4 cup) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large (about 2 to 3 Tbsp) fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a large pot, cover potatoes in cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
Mix together the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, pesto, spinach, vinegar and salt with a whisk.
To the bowl of chilled potatoes, add red peppers, tomatoes, basil and Parmesan. Pour dressing over and toss. Serve cold, or refrigerate until ready to eat.