A heartier version of your usual chili con carne. Bulk up this favorite dish with creamy little potatoes for a warming meal.
- Large pot
- Large saucepan
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (18 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (26 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- (To taste) salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, garnish
Cover the little potatoes with water and bring to boil. Simmer for eight minutes and remove from heat.
In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, onion, pepper and garlic in oil for five minutes.
Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin and tomato paste and cook for two more minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and the cooked potatoes. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.