This Chicken Vegetable Soup is a healthy dinner made in one pot! Includes tips for making your own chicken stock plus using leftover chicken and vegetables.
- Dutch oven
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 lb Little Potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
Cut Little Potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
Add oil to a large Dutch oven or soup pot (about 4 to 5 quarts) and warm over medium-high heat.
Add potatoes, onion, celery and carrots. Cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes, until onion has softened.
Stir in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook one minute.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes and chicken. Stir and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce to medium-low, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in spinach and serve.