Just about as easy peazy as you can get, this recipe for basic mashed potatoes is a no-fuss dish you can whip together any day of the week.
Feeling adventurous? Try these other variations using the same base:
• Jalapeño, Cheddar, and Chili Powder Mashed Potatoes
• Basil Pesto Mashed Potatoes
• Cream Cheese, Chive, and Pancetta Mashed Potatoes
• Chorizo and Leek Mashed Potatoes
- Large pot
- Potato masher
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- (For seasoning) salt and pepper
Add potatoes to large pot and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Meanwhile, place milk and butter in a small sauce pot and heat over low heat until butter is steaming.
Once potatoes are cooked, strain and transfer to medium mixing bowl.
Using a potato masher, smash potatoes with milk and butter mixture and season with salt and pepper.