Here at The Little Potato Company, the health and safety of our employees and community has always been our top priority as we continue to help feed the world, better, during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to follow, exceed, and enforce COVID-19 preventative measures recommended by local health regulators:
- Rapid-results screening and testing.
- Mandatory daily COVID-19 temperature checks and standard screening questions for symptoms and exposure for all employees, and visitors on arrival at our facilities.
- Face masks required at all facilities (plant or office).
- Physical distancing of a minimum of 2 m or 6 ft required.
- Only essential staff currently access our facilities; others work remotely.
- Only essential service visitors are allowed onsite with only necessary and limited access.
- Essential deliveries only, with COVID-compliant interaction.
- Increased cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing throughout our entire facility.
- Ongoing information, education, and reminders throughout our facility on prevention procedures.
- Regular communication regarding the steps to take if employees have any symptoms of illness, have travelled, have COVID-19 symptoms and/or are in contact with others who may be ill or were exposed.
- Support and encouragement of immunization for staff.
- Ongoing cooperation with local health authorities.
Despite strong adherence to these measures in our workplace, we have experienced positive cases among our team members, and we continue to address these responsibly and proactively to protect our staff and community.
Both Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have indicated that there is no evidence that food or packaging are associated with the transmission of COVID-19. Food production remains an essential service to ensure food availability and security.
For many people and families enjoying good, healthy food is even more important than ever as we isolate in our homes to keep each other safe. We are committed to continuing to offer our Creamers in various formats to help you feed yourself and your families well during this challenging time.
We know this is a challenging time and our thoughts are with those most deeply impacted. Our thanks to healthcare and front-line workers everywhere who protect us, and to farmers and growers and our employees and their families that support them who continue to feed the world in this unprecedented time.
Please take care, stay safe, be kind — and we will all get through this together.