Here at The Little Potato Company, the health and safety of our employees and community has always been our top priority as we continue to help feed the world, better, during this shared COVID-19 pandemic.
Both Health Canada and U.S. Food and Drug Administration have indicated that there is no evidence that food is associated with the transmission of COVID-19. Food production remains an essential service to ensure food availability and security.
For many people and families enjoying good, healthy food is even more important than ever as we isolate in our homes to keep each other safe. We are committed to continuing to offer our Creamers in various formats to help you feed yourself and your families well during this challenging time.
At the same time, we’ve taken extensive measures to keep our team and community safe. These include:
- Ongoing cooperation and implementation of measures introduced by local health authorities
- Implementation of physical distancing protocol
- Only essential staff currently access our facilities; others work remotely
- Only essential service visitors are allowed onsite with only necessary and limited access
- Delivery drivers have only limited, necessary contact with staff
- Increased cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing throughout our entire facility
- Educational material and reminders throughout our facility on prevention procedures
- Regular communication with staff regarding preventative measures
- Regular communication regarding the steps to take if employees have any symptoms of illness, have travelled, have COVID-19 symptoms and/or are in contact with others who may be ill or were exposed
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and take all required and proactive measures to protect our employees and community, based on health authority directives and information.
We know this is a challenging time for many people and families and our thoughts are with those most deeply impacted. Our thanks to healthcare and front-line workers everywhere who protect us, and to farmers and growers and our employees and their families that support them who continue to feed the world in this unprecedented time.
Please take care, stay safe, be kind — and we will all get through this together.
ADDENDUM: The following precautionary measures will be in effect to reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission and further ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and visitors who must physically conduct their work at all The Little Potato Company facilities until further notice:
- Mandatory daily COVID-19 screening (for symptoms and temperature) for all personnel as soon as they arrive at The Little Potato Company and prior to performing any work at The Little Potato Company.
- Face mask / covering will be mandatory PPE when you enter The Little Potato Company facility (plant or office side) for daily COVID-19 screening
- If you require a mask, please reach out to someone in HR or Safety to arrange for a mask prior to your arrival to the facility
- COVID-19 screening will be administered by medical personnel and will be available during the following hours* only:
- 5:00am – 9:00am
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- 9:00pm – 11:00pm
*Anyone arriving at the facility outside of these hours will be denied access to the facility as there will be no one onsite to administer their screening.