Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time.
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for the daily coordinating of movements for purchased inventory and raw goods throughout the network utilizing land, air, ocean and rail movements. This position will report to the Logistics Manager and will be based in the Edmonton, AB office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate freight movements for all packaging and procurement (purchased goods) from vendors to all plants.
- Manage inbound freight movements (raw and seed loads) from farms and scheduling delivery ETA for all plants.
- Facilitate the pickup of US harvest loads from California, Florida and Washington and delivery into the plants.
- Create commercial invoices for clearing all cross-border shipments as necessary.
- Update ERP system with freight rates and accessorial costs for all shipments.
- Support the activities of staff in relation to transportation operations such as booking, routing and tracking/tracing transportation providers across the North American Network.
- Source international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs.
- Consult with and participate in business development and continuous improvement projects as required.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Manage carrier scorecard by evaluating carrier on time arrival/delivery performance.
- Support in creating KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the transportation operations.
- Create and send carrier confirmations and BOL for assigned carriers.
- Handle invoice verification, freight claim and resolution.
- Other transportation duties as required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a cross functional role within a supply chain position with a small to medium sized company.
- Minimum 3 years of customs-related work experience.
- Post-secondary education relating to Business, Logistics, and/or Inventory Management.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient with Excel and Outlook.
- Function in a time sensitive environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Weekly on-call rotation for after hours and weekend duty.
Knowledge A Transportation Specialist should have knowledge of health and safety procedures, standards and regulations, transportation principles and methods, administrative and clerical procedures and systems, public safety and security, customer service, English language, and other languages as required.
Skills A Transportation Specialist should have the following skill sets: oral expression and comprehension, speech clarity and recognition, information ordering, and problem sensitivity.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative specialist looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/