Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordinating of movements for finished goods, purchased inventory and raw goods throughout the network utilizing land, air, ocean and rail movements.
This position will report to the Transportation Specialist, and be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Create and send carrier confirmations and BOL for assigned carriers.
- Coordinate freight movements for sourcing and procurement (purchased goods).
- Coordinate inbound freight movements for farms and scheduling delivery ETA for plants.
- Coordinate Chep pallet movements to plants and warehouses.
- Track and trace shipments across North American network.
- Update carrier scorecard.
- Appointment follow-up with carrier and customer. Confirmation of delivery through POD requests.
- Update ERP system with freight rates and accessorial costs for all shipments.
- Work with plant and offsites to prevent overweight shipments and shipping issues.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify problems and solutions.
- Consult with and participate in business development and continuous improvement projects as required.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a cross functional role within the supply chain position with a small to medium sized company.
- Post-secondary education relating to Business, Logistics, and/or inventory Management.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient with Excel and Access.
- Function in a time sensitive environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge A Transportation Coordinator should have knowledge of health and safety procedures, standards and regulations, transportation principles and methods, administrative and clerical procedures and systems, public safety and security, customer service, English language, and other languages as required.
Skills A Transportation Coordinator should have the following skill sets: oral expression and comprehension, speech clarity and recognition, information ordering, and problem sensitivity.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.