Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Shipping Lead (2nd shift) is responsible for ensuring operating practices result in the effective and efficient execution of receiving, order processing, and on time shipment of products. The Shipping Lead will work alongside the shippers on the floor in a lead role, bringing positivity and motivation on a daily basis. They will be responsible for ensuring shipments/picking gets completed in a timely fashion and keeping the shippers motived and moving through the shift. This position will report to the Warehouse Supervisor, and will be located in the DeForest, WI, plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead by example at all times by adhering to and promoting Company procedures and policies.
- Regular and prompt attendance for scheduled shifts and overtime as required.
- Manage through floor presence, group interaction and analysis of production data with pre-determined productivity expectations.
- Weekly inventory count and reconciliation of finished product in coolers.
- Daily organization of coolers, maintaining order and rotation of aged inventory and partial pallets ensuring that FIFO is being followed.
- Manage daily workload. Print additional pick tickets if needed, compete shipments in NAV, print paperwork for shipments.
- Manage shipments and receivals to ensure timely and accurate load and offload of all goods received and shipped.
- Ensure efficient and accurate loading and shipping to minimize wait times and prevent product temperature abuse.
- Verify and keep records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Final finished good product and trailer inspection prior to shipping and document properly.
- Review all paperwork/processes for accuracy and coordinate timely outbound deliveries/inbound receipts with clerical team, customer service, and transportation as needed.
- Monitor employee performance and provide correction/training as needed.
- Implement and actively ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety legislative requirements.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Strive for continuous improvement, make recommendations and encourage employee feedback and suggestions.
- Communicate any shipping issues to Warehouse Supervisor and Supply Chain team.
- Maintain Forklift Inspection Checklist and monitor employees checklist to ensure they are being filled out. Bring up any forklift issues with the Warehouse Supervisor and/or the Safety Manager.
- Observe candidate selection, employee coaching, training, and performance management, including disciplinary action as required.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate the team’s activities in absence of Warehouse Supervisor, providing holiday & weekend relief as required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor or Logistics Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment, preferably consumer packaged goods.
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including excellent written and oral skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to accurately appraise situations and make decisions.
- Proficiency in the basic use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Able to work with all levels of employees from production to senior management and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.