Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
In this role, the Shipper (2nd shift) is responsible to ensure the safe and efficient movement of product within the warehouse and truck. The position will also be responsible for performing in a manner that protects food safety and the quality of the company’s product. This position will report to the Warehouse Supervisor, and will be located in the DeForest, WI, plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily update of cooler map, inventory count, report, and reconcile of finished product in coolers with our Famous system.
- Organization and housekeeping of coolers.
- Maintain order and rotation of aged inventory and partial pallets.
- Ensure fast and accurate load and offload of trucks and receiving to minimize wait times and product temperature abuse.
- Proper placement of stock in the cooler, picking and packaging and shipment of transfers and customer orders.
- Follow instruction from the Distribution Supervisor who will determine the priority of orders.
- Assemble orders based on the information from the picking slips posted in the shipping office.
- Relocate packaged potatoes on pallets from the packaging area to the storage coolers immediately, or directly to the shipping area if required.
- Locate and retrieve returned products by checking the “receiving information form.”
- Prepare, circulate, and file of documentation.
- Confirm and adhere to all established company policies and procedures and government legislations pertaining to transportation of dangerous goods and occupational health and safety.
- Attention to detail on tags and paperwork.
- Perform final product inspection prior to shipping of finished goods.
- Communicate any shipping issues to Distribution Supervisor and supply chain.
- Other duties as assigned by the Distribution Supervisor.
- Fork Lift Certification would be an asset.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic English language skills.
- Be physically fit to lift up to 50lbs of goods repeatedly.
- An aptitude for working with numbers and detailed paperwork.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Can work under minimal supervision and in a team setting.
- Effective communication skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative shipper looking to join our team, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.