Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
Want to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment where you would have the opportunity to grow and learn among a dynamic team? The Little Potato Company is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join.
The Senior Marketing Manager – Retail and Merchandising Development will be responsible for leading in-store brand building activities and promotions. This position works closely with individuals at all levels within the Little Potato Company and our customers: including sales, brokers, retail store buyers, merchandisers, marketing, operations and product teams. Overarching goal is to create an in-store experience with consumers that goes beyond the potato. This position will report to the Director of Advertising and Promotions and will be located in the USA (preferably Minneapolis, Seattle, or Denver area).
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
Duties And Responsibilities
- This is a creative position with a deep understanding of the retail competitive landscape, challenges at shelf, trends in consumer behaviors, and able to develop appropriate responses.
- Key activities include developing long and short-term programs, concepts and assets to create a “best in class” retail consumer experience that drives trial, loyalty, brand awareness and sustained sales lift.
- Develop, create and implement custom merchandising/marketing assets that support marketing programs and new product launches. Initially, at least 1 per quarter in USA and Canada.
- Develop and plan 2 to 3-year retail plan flushing out objectives, programs, assets, required budgets and team required to implement.
- Work closely with Promotions, Creative, Design and Brand teams to explore unique ways to develop retail experiences that are aligned with our marketing goals.
- Work closely with sales team to identify key areas of opportunity and greatest return on investment.
- Work closely with operations, supply chain and outside suppliers to maintain optimal production and costs.
- Foster relationships with retailers and retailer marketing teams.
- Foster relationships with retailer 3rd party interests; i.e. Loblaws cooking school, Target Cartwheel (frequency card) program, etc.
- Attend retail meetings and conduct significant research on retailer needs and objectives.
- Significant travel required.
- 7 to 10 years Brand or Marketing Retail and Promotional experience in Produce, Food or Consumer Packaged Goods Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business.
- Retail experience required.
- Effective and poised presenter with exceptional persuasion and persistency skills; comfortable hearing no (a lot).
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills (team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment – every day is unique at The Little Potato Company).
- Confident and dynamic personality; excellent communicator and can work and converse effectively with many different levels within the company.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Well-developed retail and promotional experience.
- Fosters creativity, will explore new concepts, take risks and create out of the box ideas.
- Can work with limited supervision and in a remote office.
- Passionate about food; food lover.
- Loves to work with people that constantly challenges the status quo and believe we really can change the world.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; basic skills using MAC or PC based publishing/graphic design applications (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop) an asset.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.