Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
In this exciting new role, the Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for developing and leading the Company’s digital strategy across all channels, while building and mentoring a world-class digital marketing team. This leadership position is critical to helping the Company reach its goal of becoming a Top-10 global Produce brand. The position reports to the VP of Marketing and Product Innovation, and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
Duties And Responsibilities
- Long-term vision of what it takes to build and sustain a world-class digital branding presence.
- Lead the development of annual digital marketing plans and budgets.
- Development, implementation and management of all new and ongoing digital advertising and promotional activities, working closely with all stakeholders in Marketing and Sales to ensure cohesiveness.
- Ongoing optimization of all owned, earned and paid digital media channels.
- Work closely with Promotions, Creative and Content development team members to build exciting and engaging promotions and digital content in an effort to reach company and marketing goals.
- Manage and oversee The Little Potato Company website stability, maintenance and optimization.
- Evolve the company’s marketing technology stack to ensure workflow efficiency and the collection of insightful data that enables the company to effectively communicate and connect with consumers.
- Set performance objectives; fine tune KPIs and analytics protocols.
- Use data to develop more effective digital promotions.
- Develop, manage, and nurture relationships with strategic digital partners/vendors.
- Build and launch effective digital marketing programs for retail grocery customers.
- Foster a team environment of ongoing learning, engagement and growth through mentorship and support.
- Keep up-to-date with digital trends and technologies to support marketing, brand and organizational initiatives.
- Canada and USA Market, and soon globally.
- Minimum 7 years experience developing successful digital strategies and managing integrated digital marketing programs.
- University and/or Graduate Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Experience leading digital teams and working with strategic digital service partners.
- Passionate, flexible and creative; willing to explore new ideas and take risks to propose innovative digital marketing initiatives that make an impact.
- Can help work alongside the Creative Development and Content teams to create a compelling brand story and exciting promotions.
- Knows how to leverage the dynamics of different digital channels, technologies, and services to maximize the organization’s digital marketing performance.
- A willingness to stumble, a hunger to learn.
- Ability to work independently and with a large team of internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Skilled project manager that can balance priorities and keep teams focused.
- Loves to work with people that constantly challenge the status quo.
- Experience in integrated marketing campaigns (experience in offline an asset).
- Equally comfortable guiding long term strategic direction and getting your hands dirty overseeing day-to-day tactical execution.
- A great team member, the type of person that others want to follow.
- Leads by example and across dotted lines amongst all stakeholders, embracing responsibility without authority.