Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Sanitation Technician (third shift) is responsible to deep clean and sanitize equipment and the facility as per the sanitation schedule and as needed. Shift work, able to work overtime and weekends as required. This position will report to the Sanitation Lead Hand and is be based in our DeForest, WI facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary environment by maintaining a clean and organized workplace.
- Identify and report repetitive disorganized or unsanitary areas in the plant and contribute to action plans to address and resolve issues.
- Inform the Production Supervisor/Sanitation Lead Hand of all Health and Safety issues immediately.
- Ensure sanitation schedule is followed and completed in a timely manner and thoroughly; report and address any duties not completed to avoid delinquent orders or improperly maintained equipment.
- Dismantle guarding to prepare for deep cleaning and preventative maintenance, assisting maintenance staff to reassemble or grease if required.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Flexible to work on any shift, if needed.
- Work with maintenance to plan and prepare for equipment overhauls, installations or other special projects to minimize downtime and maximize idle hours.
- Complete and submit daily work orders and reports.
- Other assigned duties as assigned by Sanitation Lead Hand.
- Basic mechanical skills: able to use wrenches/screwdrivers and grease guns safely and proficiently.
- Forklift and scissor lift Certified.
- WHMIS trained.
- Experience performing and completing SOPs.
- Food safety and sanitation Certified.
- Able to follow lockout procedures.
- Able to effectively use pressure washers, floor washers, mops/ brooms, and compressed air.
- Function effectively in a team environment.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Technician looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/