Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Receiver (2nd shift) main responsibilities are to ensure the safe and efficient movement of product from truck to the warehouse cooler. The position will also be responsible for performing in a manner that protects food safety and the quality of the company’s product. Shift work, able to work overtime and weekends as required. This position will report to the Receiving Supervisor, and be based in our DeForest, WI facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily update of cooler map, inventory count, report, and reconcile of raw product in coolers with our Web Information System.
- Organization and housekeeping of coolers. Maintain product rotation of aged inventory.
- Ensure fast and accurate load and offload of trucks and receiving to minimize wait times and product temperature abuse.
- Proper scaling of raw product and placement of stock into the storage cooler.
- Follow instruction from the Receiving Supervisor and Receiving Lead who will determine the priority for the day.
- Prepare, circulate, and filing of documentation.
- Confirm and adhere to all established company policies and procedures and government legislation pertaining to transportation of dangerous goods, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Check appointment calendar and purchase order, prior to loading/unloading trucks.
- Communicate any receiving issues to Receiving Supervisor and field team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma preferred.
- Forklift certification would be an asset.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office.
- Be physically fit to lift up to 50 lbs of goods repeatedly.
- An aptitude for working with numbers and detailed paperwork.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Can work under minimal supervision and in a team setting.
- Effective communication skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re looking to join our team, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.