Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Quality Control (QC) Technician (first shift) is accountable to carry out critical inspections in accordance with standards and procedures, and that they are reported and documented as per The Little Potato Company Quality Control program. This position implements, maintains and improves the Quality Control program to focus on product integrity and reliability. Shift work, able to work overtime and weekends as required. This position will be based in DeForest, WI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform in-line quality checks and record the results manually.
- Perform finished products testing to adhere to applicable Company quality standards.
- At receiving, check samples and perform QC testing, and recording the results in WIS.
- Work closely with sizing line and wash line operators.
- Perform product inspections on a timely basis to meet Company spec.
- Contribute to product traceability; audit and recommend improvements to quality system procedures.
- Inspect all in-bound and out-bound products.
- Confirm that process products meet applicable regulatory and quality standards prior to packaging line.
- Inform the Production Supervisor of all quality issues immediately and recommend corrective action.
- Maintain proper documentation and record all QC checks.
- Prior to machine set up, check the production schedule and confirm with Production Supervisor or to ensure we are operating with correct materials.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Experience in the food industry is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Basic computer knowledge (Ex: Microsoft Office – Excel, Word).
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- Positive and responsible individual capable of working effectively with limited supervision.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Technician looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us read Our Story