Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
In this exciting role, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible to Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the QC team on the shift. Supervise, coach and mentor team members. Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve quality issues as they occur. This position will report to the QA Manager and will be based in our DeForest, WI, facility.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure all necessary checks are completed and confirmed as compliant at the beginning of each packing run. Immediately implement required corrective actions to minimize waste. Provide coaching to staff to prevent reoccurrence.
- Utilize wash line reports to communicate with Production Supervisors on quality.
- Resolve quality issues as they occur to maximize plant efficiency. This includes products placed on hold and their disposition. Ensure NAV transactions are completed.
- Release finished products, review and approve QC records (hard copy and electronic).
- Meet with QC staff before each shift to discuss key issues.
- Conduct daily plant walks focusing on GMPs and food safety. In cooperation with other staff, ensure resolution of observed issues in a timely manner.
- Enforce the company Health and Safety policy.
- Manage the incoming potatoes program to ensure testing is performed accurately, efficiently and the results are communicated in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Field Department.
- Attend Raw Supply weekly meetings. Communicate to QA staff on key issues.
Other Tasks as Required
- Perform random quality audits to ensure uniformity between QC Technicians and adherence to company policies.
- Provide coaching/retraining as required.
- Participate in various audits.
- Perform investigation relating to customer complaints and rejections, recommend corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence, initiate quality checks on inventory remaining in stock across Distribution Centers, complete NAV transactions, advise Production Planning as required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in quality assurance.
- 2-5 years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience in food industry would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately appraise situations and make decisions; deal effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in the basic use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Supervisor looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/our-story/