Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Maintenance Technician-Millwright is responsible to safely and effectively repair, install, and maintain production, building, and property equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position will be based in our DeForest, WI facility, and will be on either the first, second or third shift; and will be rotating shift work, with overtime and weekends as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance as per Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Identify and communicate items or tasks that should be added to the Preventative Maintenance Program and assist in development of new tasks for recently installed equipment.
- Ensure safe and effective installation, modification, replacement of machinery and parts.
- Assist in maintaining an acceptable spare parts inventory (as described by Maintenance Manager).
- Assist in properly maintaining and organizing plant tools and shop.
- Work during scheduled shutdowns, shift work, and when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork such as daily work time, preventative maintenance sheets are complete and accurate.
- Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within all departments.
- Maintain current trade discipline requirements and participate in retraining and refresher courses.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on plant equipment in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Perform various welding, machining or fabricating duties as assigned.
- Work closely with plant personnel to ensure equipment is in good, sound working condition.
- Report or rectify immediately unusual hazard circumstances or deficiencies.
- 3+ years experience in a maintenance function with food or industrial plant equipment.
- Journeyman Millwright Ticket is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of rotating and stationary equipment maintenance as well as preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
- Good technical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, millwright and/or welding skills.
- PLC programming and computer skills would be an asset.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, night shift, overtime and weeks when required.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, conflicting demands, frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Willingness to learn and be trained in the job.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate and practice the safe effective use of hand tools and power tools.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements.
- Heavy physical effort. Requires handling of heavy weight objects and a large amount of standing or walking.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Technician looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please read Our Story.