Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Maintenance Manager’s prime objective is to ensure effective and timely preventative maintenance and continuous improvement. The role ensures compliance with quality, environmental and health and safety rules, legislation and bylaws. This position will report to the Plant Manager and will be based in the Edmonton Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and positive communication and relationships with all departments, promoting teamwork and reinforcing the function of maintenance as a service and support function.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks are completed within allotted downtimes, capitalizing on any opportunities to complete during idle equipment time. Adjusting staff’s hours as required to complete tasks or projects.
- Work with production daily to plan and schedule equipment overhauls, installations or other special projects to minimize downtime and maximize idle equipment or changeover time.
- Manage and maintain capable and competent contractor group to supplement skill gaps or other necessary duties not equipped or staffed for.
- Assist and actively participate in problem solving and troubleshooting with both maintenance and production staff.
- Ensure appropriate parts inventory is managed and maintained.
- Identify improvement opportunities that will lead to longer equipment life and reliability, decreased maintenance time and/ or operating cost.
- Ensure the competence of maintenance staff through the identification and development of training needs, and day to day coaching.
- Monitor and enforce when necessary, the housekeeping and safety standards being maintained throughout the Company.
- Weekly identification and execution of continuous improvement projects to enhance or increase equipment thru put or operation efficiency.
- 5+ years experience in a maintenance function.
- 3+ years in a supervisor/manager capacity.
- Journeyman Certification in any of the following trades (millwright, industrial electrician or power engineering).
- Exceptional communication and coaching skills.
- Solid understanding or experience in setting up and managing preventative maintenance software.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Maintenance Manager looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/our-story