Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Logistics Manager plans, organizes, directs, manages, evaluates, and is responsible for optimizing the efficiency and integrity throughout the supply chain logistics network. Responsible for the movement and storage of goods or companies involved in supply chain services. This position includes the identification of opportunities for transportation and warehousing operation improvements. This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain, and will be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations and assist with budget of warehousing, transportation or logistics companies.
- Streamline logistic activities, identifying continuous improvement opportunities of processes or procedures, implementing cost saving initiatives, both internal and through our external partners (i.e. Vendors and growers on inbound freight).
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to logistic operations.
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage and warehouse systems.
- Work with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs.
- Develop and communicate logistic policies and procedures.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff complies with administrative policies and procedures, government regulations and KPI requirements.
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans relating to logistics. Control costs by evaluating shipments, consolidating loads, and selecting most cost-efficient method of shipment and storing of finished goods.
- Manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures relate to logistic activities.
- Develop KPI to measure the effectiveness of the logistics operations.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of logistic personnel.
- Mentor select logistic staff.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Remain current with latest logistic technology systems, procedures and regulatory changes.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates pertaining to logistics.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or logistic schedule changes.
- Approve carrier payments.
- Handle freight claim and resolution.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience in a logistics position with a medium sized company.
- Post-secondary education relating to business and/or logistics.
- CITT, P.Log considered an asset.
- Familiarity with potential product quality issues.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Function in a time sensitive environment.
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours per day.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge: A Logistics Manager should have knowledge of health and safety regulations, customer and personal service, logistics principles and methods, material handling, administration and management, supply chain, computers and electronics, English language, other languages, mathematics, and personnel and human resources.
Skills: A Logistics Manager should have the following skill sets: reading comprehension, time management, people management, coordination, active listening, critical thinking, negotiation, speaking, active learning, learning strategies, writing, and judgment and decision making.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
If you’re an innovative Manager looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/our-story//