Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the General Labourer (Packing) is responsible to work as part of a team to ensure that quality potatoes are packed into boxes as per LPC spec. Shift work, able to work overtime & weekends as required.
This position will be based in DeForest, WI.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Visually checks packaged potatoes in accordance with quality standards, and eliminates packages with any damaged or unacceptable potatoes.
- Reports excessive product damage to the Machine Operator/Production Supervisor.
- Assembles an adequate supply of cardboard boxes for usage during each packaging run.
- Packs bags of potatoes neatly into boxes; removing bags with packaging defects (open bags, no date printed).
- Sorts and neatly stacks extra cardboard boxes/bags leftover from a packaging run by size and types.
- Inform the plant supervisor or quality control of all quality issues immediately.
- Maintains all working areas by keeping all areas clean and organized while working; ensuring floors are clear of all debris, including bags, boxes, and potatoes.
- Conforms and adheres to all established company policies and procedures and government legislations pertaining to occupation health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Machine Operator.
- Be physically fit with the ability to lift and stack boxes up to 25lbs.
- Basic English language skills to read, understand and follow instructions and adhere to rules and regulations.
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Team player with good interpersonal skill and willingness to learn.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s infectious around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.