Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Director of Food Service will be responsible for the accountability for all sales and marketing activities associated with capturing select new accounts and maintaining and growing current accounts. This role will work in conjunction with all members of the Sales team as well as Agriculture, Innovation, Operations, Quality and Scheduling to meet targeted objectives. As well, will provide professional representation, leadership, and direction to The Little Potato Company customers and to the appointed brokers/consultants and their accounts and distributors. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales and will be a remote role based in the USA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and review sales plan and budget with the VP of Sales for approval.
- Motivate and direct appointed brokers/consultants.
- Complete direct calls on accounts (with broker/consultant if applicable) to sell key sales plan objectives (new product/items, promotions, pricing, etc.).
- Generate, develop and pursue accounts with direct personal contact and/or through use of broker/consultant.
- Work closely with Scheduling, Operations, Procurement, Customer Service and VP of Sales on all sales efforts to ensure maximized profitability, sales growth, and effectiveness.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams in developing new ideas for products that meet marketplace and customer needs.
- Analyze the marketplace to understand food trends and opportunity gaps.
- Develop effective and professional presentations to outline and support our strategies and goals.
- Follow-up and monitor product and/or service complaints. Get the facts, document, coordinate with proper company personnel, and take proper action promptly and fairly.
- Plan sales trips as needed based on account priority/prospecting opportunity.
- Report market activities (accounts, competitors) when applicable.
- Follow up on all sales calls by keeping correspondence and sales reports current.
- Keep customers informed of any price changes, item changes, and new items.
- Communicate via e-mail and telephone with internal and external customers.
- Work closely with various contacts within our customers, as well as our internal sales/marketing/production/warehouse and quality teammates to achieve project objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of sales and marketing experience within the Food Service industry with a proven track record.
- 7+ years of Management experience.
- Post-secondary Degree – Business related, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Thorough/Extensive experience and understanding of and relationships with:
- National and Regional Multi Unit Restaurant Groups.
- National and Regional Produce Distribution, both Produce specific, and Broad liners.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written .
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft programs including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel frequently, up to 50-60% as required.
- Knowledge of the Food Service channel with established relationships with customers, distributors and brokers/consultants and end users.
- Able to think and plan strategically.
- Able to develop and manage a budget.
- Must be able to assume responsibility and make sound decisions.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Have solid communication skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff, internally and externally.
- Be detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Must be able to handle high stress situations, and pressure situations.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please read Our Story.