Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time
The Director of Western Retail Sales-USA will be responsible for driving existing and new business development, identify current opportunities to do more business with existing customers as well as lead the external sales pipeline growth. This critical role will drive sales growth in Western and Southern United States, as well as manage Regional Sales Managers and a broker network in this region. This position will execute strategic corporate initiatives to significantly increase revenue and profitability for the company. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with the internal organization to ensure the highest level of customer experience and satisfaction. This position will be located west of the Denver, CO area or the Western states.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly responsible for profitably growing the Company’s business in this region.
- Determine annual plans by analyzing trends and results and implementing marketing strategies.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals via targeted strategies, products and accounts.
- Manage, coach and staff a regional sales team.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales plans with sales team by region and customer; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Responsible to achieving budget and performance goals.
- Implement sales programs by developing field sales action plans with sales teams and brokers.
- Manage YOY performance by account with sales team – identifying risks and opportunities.
- Execute the pricing initiatives and strategies.
- Achieve budgeted sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Develop and manage budgets for sales forecasting and expense.
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer experience.
- Develop high performance team.
- Coach employees and complete performance reviews.
- Compile information and data related to customers and consumers to sophisticate sales process and effectiveness.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
- Manage key customer relationships and leads in coaching, executing and closing strategic opportunities.
- Ensure infrastructure and systems in place to support the success of the sales function and region.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers, partners and teams to develop key relationships.
- Participate and involved in industry association events and activities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Senior Sales Leadership role (preferably in produce or CPG).
- Produce sales and sales management experience preferred.
- Post-secondary Degree – Business related and/or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven successful sales background.
- Must be a self-starter who is driven to achieve sales targets.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with Senior Executives.
- Proven sales leadership.
- Relevant experience working as leader/part of a project team.
- Proven experience with planning, developing, implementing and measuring within all areas of sales (trade, consumer, business development, customer optimization, customer marketing, etc.).
- Experience with building, coaching and mentoring a sales team.
- Established sales connections and relationships.
- Ability to work independently as well in a team.
- Experience meeting sales goals, negotiation expertise, selling to customer needs, motivation for sales team, sales planning, building relationships, coaching, managing processes, extensive market knowledge, developing budgets, and staffing.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative director looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/