Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
In this exciting new role, in a fast-growing company, the Continuous Improvement Manager’s (Lean Six Sigma) primary focus is to drive operational excellence and serve as subject matter expert in Lean Six Sigma principles, values, philosophies and tools. The position will engage LSS Champions, Project Leaders (Green Belts and others), team members and stakeholders to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts. This position will report to the Director of Continuous Improvement and Technical Services, and will be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of Lean Six Sigma methodologies for the Little Potato Company.
- Train employees in Lean Six Sigma methodology and mentor through project completion.
- Manage complex process improvement projects and deliver aggressive productivity targets.
- Lead cross-departmental and cross-functional improvement programs across operations and supply chain, focus on driving significant value to the business in terms of cost, revenue, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to identify and implement quality process improvements, find process interactions and dependencies, and develop key performance indicators.
- Provide Lean Six Sigma coaching, mentoring and training to Lean Six Sigma Green Belts (Project Managers) and other key roles within the organization, and hold project managers accountable for results of process improvement activities.
- Host Kaizen Workshops to identify current and future process states, and build process improvement plans.
- Collaborate across the enterprise to identify and execute projects to realize the strategic business plans.
- Implement operational excellence strategy, including LSS, 6S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in a consumer product food manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in continuous improvement.
- BSc Degree in Engineering, Quality or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt certified by recognized organization in the industry.
- Advanced working knowledge in root cause analysis, DMAIC improvement process and core tools used to drive Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Demonstrated success in implementing change and driving improvements across business processes at all levels of an organization.
- Results-oriented leadership style with strong influencing skills.
- Credible teacher to diverse levels of people and capable of developing and executing lean strategies that yield measurable business results.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative manager looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/