Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
In this exciting new role, the Brand Manager will be responsible to develop and manage the annual portfolio brand plan, through identification of key business issues and insights, to manage top- and bottom-line growth. In addition to annual plans, the Brand Manager will also support the Director in long-range planning and on strategic projects critical to business success. They will work in collaboration with cross-functional team partners in Innovation, Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, and Operations to effectively commercialize ad execute plans with excellence. This position reports to the Director of Brand Management, and is home-based in or around the Vancouver, BC area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development and execution of annual business plan for packaged fresh potatoes, in support of the annual company priorities and long-term strategic plan.
- Help drive and set objectives, goals, strategies, and measures for the packaged fresh business, aligned cross-functionally and with senior management.
- Bring annual plans to life by developing and executing critical initiatives within the marketing mix – product, price, place, promotion.
- Own the product development pipeline for assigned product range for the Little Potato Company brand, through collaboration with senior marketing leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Drive product development through the cross-functional stage gate process.
- Develop product positioning and key consumer messaging along the path to purchase (including packaging and supporting retail promotion strategy).
- Support the development of consumer insights, and identifies needs for future and existing projects.
- Monitor, review, and report on marketing activity and key business results (product line P&Ls, budget variance, program effectiveness). Able to adjust priorities as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional and external partners.
- A role model for core Little Potato Company values.
- 5+ years significant brand marketing experience, or related experienced in a consumer-packaged goods company.
- University undergraduate degree with focus on business or marketing.
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Experience working with business analytics, and interpreting results to drive decision making. Proven project and financial management ability.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to contribute to work in a growing, entrepreneurial environment for a purpose-driven business.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Can work with limited supervision and in remote, home-based office.
- Passionate about the company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI an asset.
- Consumer and Customer focused. Distills consumer insight and customer value proposition into all aspects of program development.
- Growth driven. Focus on developing winning consumer-driven strategies that drive business value.
- Equally comfortable contributing to long term strategic direction and getting your hands dirty overseeing day-to-day tactical execution.
- A great team member, the type of person that others want to follow.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Manager looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected] by March 15, 2019.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/