Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Assistant Plant Manager contributes to the success of The Little Potato Company by ensuring the continued improvement of day-to-day tactical efforts as well as establishing and developing strategic production initiatives. This role will also be responsible for leading and directing supervisory staff and managing all operations within their areas of responsibility, including the Receiving, Production, and Sanitation Departments. This position will report to the Plant Manager and will be based in our Edmonton, AB facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead through example at all times by adhering to and promoting Little Potato Company procedures and policies, including developing and maintaining a high-trust work environment.
- Conduct daily assessment of self-values and values of the team.
- Administer everyday activities of all plant personnel.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and regulations.
- Encourage the professional development of subordinates by establishing goals, motivating, monitoring and providing guidance on individual employee performance.
- Facilitate implementation of employee engagement initiatives across the entire production department, to drive higher levels of employee engagement for improved operational excellence.
- Continuously develop and maintain adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental legislative requirements and internal standards within the plant.
- Coordinate production and maintenance activities.
- Analyze all customer requirements and maintain optimal level of quality for all production activities.
- Monitor labour levels in conjunction with anticipated volumes.
- Prepare all paperwork and reports for plant activities, assist supervisory staff in overseeing all activities of production employees, and evaluate all plant requirements.
- Coordinate operations to meet sales and planning activity.
- Collaborate and develop effective relationships with internal departments to support the development and implementation of new manufacturing processes, strategies, plans, objectives, and new product development.
- Strive for continuous improvement, make recommendations, and encourage employee feedback and suggestions.
- Work in partnership with the Plant Manager to recommend operational improvements, processes, and facilitation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage all communication with employees and Plant Manager and ensure optimal utilization of all analytical tools.
- Hire and train all shift Supervisors and provide support to all Plant Manager activities.
- Provide holiday relief for the Plant Manager as required.
- 5 to 10 years experience in a Management or Superintendent role.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment in consumer packaged goods, produce, or related.
- Post-Secondary education or Certification in a manufacturing discipline.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification an asset.
- Health and Safety training an asset.
- Health and safety focused.
- Strategic thinking and goal oriented.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Manager looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please read Our Story.