Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Accounts Receivable Administrator is primarily responsible for accounts receivable (collections and invoicing) and other various month end functions, secondarily to assist with accounts payable and other accounting duties. The position will be a ten-month temporary role, reporting to the Corporate Controller, and will be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable; invoicing customers, collection, maintaining and updating customer accounts and A/R files.
- Process customer payments and prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly broker commission statements.
- Assist in month end and year end duties.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for the Canadian and USD bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end review files for outside auditors.
- Other duties as assigned, including accounts payable duties.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Accounting Diploma is an asset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks independently as well as being a team leader.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Quick learner with the ability to accurately meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Data entry skills.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Organization and planning.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Administrator looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us read Our Story.