Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Human Resources Business Partner will be accountable for human resource support to the Edmonton manufacturing facility and corporate business units to ensure strategic initiatives are being met. This role will work with a high degree of independence providing guidance and advising in all aspects of human resources. This position will report to the Senior Human Resources Manager-Canada, and will be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis for hourly and salary employees.
- Maintain employee relations, day to day contact with employees and managers on all shifts; advising on queries regarding benefits, policies and/or any other HR function.
- Conduct and/or support investigations for employee concerns, complaints and other issues.
- Review and action HR support transactions through our HRIS (Ceridian Dayforce HCM).
- Create and maintain HRIS document requirements for business processes and procedures.
- Provide training for users on HR system process and procedures.
- Stay up to date on new laws, regulations, developments, methods, and techniques in Human Resources.
- Review, update, maintain and ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, including company handbook.
- Assist in the Company’s efforts to foster a positive employee experience by coordinating quarterly celebrations, monthly treat days, and volunteer initiatives.
- Update our employee social activity calendar and internal digital communication board.
- Update organizational design using Visio as required.
- Assist with administration and maintenance of the employee reward and recognition program.
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, orientation, and the employee experience. This will include conducting prescreens, scheduling phone interviews and in person interviews, and reference checks.
- Assist in coordination of performance management for hourly performance reviews; including scheduling and tracking.
- Administer and track all aspects of employee group benefits and entitlements, register retirement savings plan, pension, TFSA, and non-registered savings plan.
- Partner with other HR staff for employee functions and other event planning activities.
- Provide support to HR Managers as required.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of work related experience as an HR Generalist and/or HR Business Partner.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- CPHR designation (or working towards) would be an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working with an HRIS, preferably Ceridian Dayforce HCM.
- High level of confidentiality, strong organization and communication skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentations skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across functional departments and levels of an organization to drive teams towards success-based results.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative partner looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/